Contact the Hamilton Region Veterinary Clinic if an emergency situation occurs at 905 529 1004. It is important to call as soon as possible so that we can assist you in the necessary first aid measures before you
bring your pet to the hospital.
It is important to protect yourself so you can help your pet. Exercise caution when handling an injured animal as pain may cause them to bite.
Here are some important steps to consider in case of a veterinary emergency.
- Remain Calm
- Attend to immediate life-threatening issues i.e. if choking, clear airway; if bleeding, apply pressure
- Move injured pets carefully; If a back injury is suspected, slide pet on flat surface and transport with minimum movement
- Exercise Caution, an injured pet in pain may bite or scratch you
- If you suspect poison is the cause of your pet’s illness, inform the Hamilton Region Emergency Veterinary Clinic at 905-529-1004 immediately and bring the product package or sample with you
- Proceed to our clinic, we are located at 505 King Street West at Locke Street in Hamilton. For directions to the Hamilton Region Emergency Veterinary Clinic, click here.
- Bring a friend or family member with you to the emergency animal hospital for emotional support.
Once you arrive at the Hamilton-Region Emergency Clinic, our emergency team will assist you, where treatment is offered on a triage basis. We will make every effort to tend to your pet as soon as possible.
Our Veterinary team will assist you in making appropriate decisions in terms of the treatment plan for your pet.
An estimate will be provided for the care of your pet, and you will be notified if additional treatments are needed.